Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pattern Stash....Destashing

Just a quick post today as I am knee deep in my pattern stash.....only slightly exaggerating about the knee deep part.

I have always loved patterns and they are part of my memories for as long as I can remember.

My mom was an excellent seamstress....she made all of our clothes, including my favorite doll, Chatty Cathy, who magically had a matching dress whenever I got a new one.

I was taught to sew when I was about seven with small projects for 4-H exhibits such as aprons and dish towels. By the time I was ten I was winning blue ribbons with my dresses and coats at the county fair each year.

I quit sewing when I was in high school.....I began to think it wasn't cool....and I found vintage clothing & thrift stores so much more interesting......but this only fed my addiction to buying patterns. Even though I wasn't sewing I was buying patterns.....everywhere I went.

I have been hoarding them ever since...... safe and secure in their boxes ....tucked away. I have decided to begin to pare down the collection .....destash.....clean house.....make room for a guest room.

If you like patterns as much as I do, check out my Etsy store...Club Vintage to find the goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment