Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday America


Yes, I know I'm late with the Happy Birthday wishes.....but I was so busy cooking up a storm for a houseful of guests that I just couldn't find the time to make birthday wishes in a timely manner.

One of the nicest things about our nearly 100 year old house's location in the heart of smalltown USA is that every 4th of July the city has a large fireworks display.......directly behind our house.....right in my backyard!

This occasion always calls for us to have the biggest cookout of the year. After numerous games of horseshoes, lots of laughter and stuffed bellies for all....the countdown to showtime begins. As dusk falls many more friends and friends of friends and sometimes strangers show up to enjoy the splendor.

We had beautiful weather last evening, not too many mosquitoes and lots of ohhs and ahhs. It was a wonderful party and a perfect way to say Happy Birthday America.

No comments:

Post a Comment